Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Go For It or Stay Away Week 9

Detroit, Carolina, Minnesota, and Jacksonville are on a bye this week. Between those four teams, there is a lot of fantasy firepower. I am here to help guide you through another tough week in fantasy football. I hope this is a lot of help. Now, lets get started.


Go For It


Quarterback


Eli Manning NYG- The healthy Manning brother takes on the Patriots this week. New England was just torched by Ben Roethlisberger last week. Eli has been playing well lately, and I expect him to have a great game in a shootout against the Pats.


Running Backs


Cedric Benson Cin- Benson is back after a one game suspension. The Bengals take on the Tennessee Titans, whose defense has been vulnerable against the run. I look for them to try and take the pressure off of Andy Dalton and pound the rock with Benson. Go for it!


LeGarrette Blount TB- It appears that Blount will play this week. Assuming he does I expect big things out of him. The Saints have struggled against the run this week and in a big divisional game I expect the Bucs to try and run the ball to keep Drew Brees and the boys off of the field. Love me some LeGarrette Blount this week.


Wide Receivers


Jon Baldwin KC- Baldwin showed why the Chiefs took him in the first round of last years draft on Monday night. He made an incredible play on a 39 yard TD reception. While he is a risky play, I like the potential for Baldwin this week against the Miami Dolphins who rank near the bottom in pass defense in the NFL.


Roddy White Atl- Roddy White has been one of the biggest disappointments in Fantasy Football this year. Coming into the season he was either the #1 or #2 ranked WR by most people and has not performed up to those expectations. That being said, I love the match up for him this week and he has shown signs of turning it around recently. I say go for it when it comes to Roddy White this week.


Tight End


Jake Ballard NYG- Ballard has really started to become a solid target for Eli Manning. This week they play the Patriots, who cannot seem to be able to cover the middle of the field. I think this means a big day for Jake Ballard. Go for it!


Stay Away


Quarterback


Ryan Fitzpatrick Buf- I think that Fitzpatrick will have a decent game on Sunday, but I do not expect a big fantasy day out of him. The Jets are vulnerable against the run and that is where I expect the Bills to attack them. I think they will run Fred Jackson all day and that limits Fitzpatrick's value. Stay away.


Running Backs


Ryan Torain Was- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I have been fooled over and over this season by Washington Running Backs. They have not been playing well, and on top of that there is no way to guess who is going to get the most touches. Personally, I am staying away from Torain.


Chris Johnson Ten- Talk about a bust. Chris Johnson has been the biggest disappointment in the NFL this season. While I still think that there is a chance that he bounces back, I am not betting on it. He will be taking on a tough Bengals defense, and Javon Ringer really took over late in the game last week. No thank you Chris Johnson.


Wide Receivers


Anquan Boldin Bal- Boldin looked fantastic last week against the Cardinals. The difference between the Cardinals defense and the Steelers defense is huge. The Steelers looked good against Tom Brady and company last week and I expect to see more of the same against the Ravens. Stay away from Anquan Boldin.


Stevie Johnson Buf- Buffalo faces the New York Jets this week. That means a one on one encounter with Mr. Darrell Revis for Johnson. That usually means trouble for all WR in the NFL, and as I mentioned when I talked about Fitzpatrick I think they will try and run Fred Jackson wild all day. If you can help it, stay away from Stevie Johnson this week.


Tight End


Heath Miller Pit- Miller had a great game last Sunday, attacking the middle of the field over and over again against the New England Patriots. This week the Steelers play the Baltimore Ravens, who have a much better defense that will be defending that middle of the field. He had a great game last week, but do not go crazy on Miller, stay away from him this week.


There you have it, a handful of players that I say Go For It, and some that I think you need to Stay Away. We have some tough decisions as fantasy owners on who to replace guys like Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, and Cam Newton. This piece is to help you make those decisions, and if you have guys on your rosters that I did not mention and would like help on those, do not hesitate to send me a tweet @FfootballQA.

No comments:

Post a Comment