Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Go For It or Stay Away Week 11

Week 11. Playoff races are starting to come down to the wire. Chances are that after this week, you have two or three games left in the regular season. This is crunch time, you want to be sure that you are making the correct decisions. That is why I am here, give this a read and hopefully it helps you dominate you league in Week 11.


Go For It!


Matthew Stafford Det- I realize that Stafford was absolutely terrible this past week against the Bears. He threw four interceptions and two that were returned for TD's, I would understand if you want to bench him. But to quote the great Lee Corso, not so fast my friend. Stafford has been very good this year, and has all the weapons he could want at his disposal. With Best probably still out he will be throwing a ton. Stick with him this week in a game that could turn into a Matthew Stafford vs. Cam Newton shootout. I see a nice bounce back game for Stafford this week, go for it!


Brandon Jacobs NYG- This is of course assuming Ahmad Bradshaw is out again this week. I like Jacobs in a game against the Eagles who have struggled against the run all season. The Giants offense is on a roll recently and that does not spell good things for the Eagles, I could easily see Jacobs getting a few goal line carries this week, and he usually converts on those.


Marshawn Lynch Sea- Lynch has been a beast the past two weeks, and this week should not be any different against the Rams who have given up a ton of points to fantasy running backs this season. Lynch on fire recently and if I own him I am definitely starting him.


Dwayne Bowe KC- Matt Cassel is out and replacing him is Tyler Palko. Ouch. I think overall this could hurt his value, but at the same time if I was Palko, trying to succeed as a QB in the NFL, the guy I would be looking for is Dwayne Bowe. I could see Palko trying to force the ball to him all night against the Patriots who have given up the most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers. Go for it with Bowe, at least for this week.


Stevie Johnson Buf- This guy has struggled at times this year, but he is still clearly a very talented receiver. The Dolphins have been much easier to pass on this season than run. While I realize that Fred Jackson will still probably be the main man the Bills offense, I think the passing game gets it going this week. Like Stevie Johnson as a start this week.


Benjamin Watson Cle- This one is for you Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels owners who need a replacement for your Tight End on a bye. Watson has been hit or miss this year, but does get red zone looks from Colt McCoy. The Browns play the Jaguars this week who have given up the second most fantasy points to opposing Tight Ends.


Stay Away

Tim Tebow Den- First of all I want to say, I do like Tebow as a fantasy QB as long as he has a job as a starter in the league. He always seems to get his on the ground and usually does enough through the air to put up good fantasy stats. That being said, I do not like him this week against the Jets. I still think he will have a decent day on the ground, but not enough to make up for the fact that I would not be surprised to see him complete zero passes against Revis and Co. Stay away from Tim Tebow this week if possible.


Beanie Wells Ari- Wells seemed to hit a wall last week against the Eagles. Philadelphia is easier to run on than this weeks opponent, the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers have been the best team in the league against the run this week and I do not really see much changing this week.


Fred Jackson Buf- Jackson has played very well this year, and there is a chance that you do not really have another option to put in your lineups over him. I am not a huge fan of Jackson this week. He will get his touches but the Dolphins have surprisingly been great against the run this year, and have been exposed through the air. The way to attack them is by passing the ball. I think Fred Jackson is a very average day this week. Stay away from him if at all possible.


Roddy White Atl- White has destroyed fantasy teams all season long. At the beginning of the year he was considered the 1B to Andre Johnson's 1A. He was right there. He rarely seems to do anything anymore. This week the Falcons take on the Titans, who have been very good against the pass. I just do not see White breaking out of his funk this week. Stay away.


Vincent Jackson SD- He has been completely hit or miss this season. Jackson has had a couple of big games surrounded by a lot of low scoring games. I think he puts up another low scoring game against the Bears who are a very good defense that defends the pass well. If I was a Jackson owner I would be looking for other options this week.


Ed Dickson Bal- Dickson had his best game of the year last week, catching two TD passes. I am putting him here so you guys do not get too excited about a game that I think was a bit of a fluke. He has been pretty good this year, but you can not expect that kind of production out of him this week against the Bengals who have defended the TE very well this year. Stay away from Ed Dickson, there are better options out there.


Well guys, there you have it. The Go For It or Stay Away for week 11. Hopefully this piece helps you make some decisions this week. We are hitting the stretch run to the playoffs. These games are very important. Make sure you think about your lineup decisions and put the best guys in there. If you need any help do not hesitate to send me a tweet @FfootballQA. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment